Friday, August 8, 2014

OBLIGATION


                              Obligation...it calls me...and I answer each time.
                              Giving into demands...I reach out...both arms outstretched.

                              Trying to take hold of something more...
                              but again the need seeps in...to help.

                              Years of giving...putting myself aside...wanting to smile...
                              unpretentiously...but feelings that are good...
                              do not last long enough to embrace their true meaning.

                             I ponder...my thoughts deep into my life...if it is merrily existing for others...
                             then why dream...least I exert myself...and are awarded by disappointment.

                             Some are chosen to make way for others...to give of themselves...
                             for their betterment...their salvation.

                             Am I one of those chosen...perhaps...for I have given much...I gave of self...
                             But self I gave with love.


                             Helen Nastri
                             1984 Copywriter

No comments:

Post a Comment