Monday, May 12, 2014

People Close to Me & My Angels Wings have spread

The people who are close to me...I give to them my all...
I share with them my feelings...with them I need not crawl.

The need for love is constant...acceptance is my dream...
The love they've given back to me..has heightened my self esteem.

When a shoulder is sometimes needed...and I lean my head to cry...
These people who are close to me...never question why.

They're simply there when needed...to comfort and give love...
For these people who I'm close to...I thank dear God above.

Helen Nastri
1981 copywriter


 My Angels wings have spread...they've both grown up on me...
Hugs and kisses to grow by...are no longer needed you see.

Their lives are filled with adventures...learning many things...
They'll have their ups and downs...while becoming their own beings.

Many memories I have of them...all filled with love and joy...
There was a time when they were little...I was their favorite toy...
And uncle Rob...he loved them so...he was their favorite boy.

We'd sing and dance and make pretend...what fun we had together...
We'd look for sales on shopping sprees...and follow our list to the letter...
Buying presents for everyone...shopping for us was such great fun.

Sleepovers...oh what special times...with lots of hugs and kisses...
They'd wear pops tee shirts as nightgowns...our two pretty little misses.

They'd brush their teeth nice and clean... and do their little tinkles...
Then flop into bed...I'd begin my poem...about our 'Magic Sprinkles'.

'Magic Sprinkles in the air...dream of angels everywhere. 
Dream of all those girls and boys...playing with their favorite toys'.

I'd wave my arms..recite my poem..and then spin round and round...
For happy thoughts and pleasant dreams...were my intentions bound.

They'd look at me with excited trust...then I'd sprinkle them with gold magic dust....
For to end this poem, so they'd close their eyes...Magic Sprinkles was a definite must.

I consumed myself in their two lives..since first my angels were born...
I shared my heart...and all I owned..and never have I felt torn.

Because I knew...the love we shared...would last our lifetime through...
No one could part us...because we share...a love that's deep and true.

And now today, they're all grown up...seeking their place in life...
In college they will learn much more...and deal with daily strife.

These angels are my treasure...and grateful for them am I...
I enveloped all we had together...will love them till I die.

To Candace Leigh and Carmella Rene
18th birthday
My heart is your heart...now and forever
Nan


No comments:

Post a Comment