Thursday, December 19, 2013

Father and Daughter




 Father and Daughter...

I sit by...interjecting at times...while they scramble thru their feelings... Each desperate to express their pain...

I listen closely...hoping one will withdraw...but as so many times before...they each persist to be right...
therefore hurting more...

I observe...knots inside...waiting for one to condescend...but once again the war continues on...
I walk away...again feeling helpless...leaving them to battle...knowing soon it will come to a draw...

I come back...amist their tears...hugs...and words of forgiveness and I love you's...

As I reflect on the love between father and daughter...I see their closeness as a cosmic bond...their
temperments identical...and their desires in life almost to exact...Their link is strong...

Each feels their importance to be...each needs recognition and admiration to instill their will to go on...
Each is demanding for your love and attention...They need to be your number one...

When they clash...as they so often do because of their likeness...better step aside...only they can help
one another...They need to explode... for their emotional demands run rampet and ventilating is the only method of release that brings them calm...

Strange as they may seem...better love you won't receive in return for the anxiety they cause you...
They draw you close to them...even when you try to resist...I call it their hypnotic charm...

And so, I sit by...interjecting at times...while they scramble thru their feelings...and then I listen...
observe...walk away...and I finally come back...amist their tears...hugs...and words of forgiveness
and I love you's.

Helen Nastri
1981 Copywriter

No comments:

Post a Comment